Friday, August 14, 2009

10 days to go!

With extra pages in my passport for all those entry/exit stamps and visas for China, India, and Ghana (which cost a whopping $450 through a processing service recommended by the ISE folks), seems like I'm good to go. Oh, right, I've still got to pack! So, packing for a 3-month trip around the world, just where do you start? I'm wondering in particular about things like gifts to host families, small things to give to children in the poorer countries we'll be visiting (I read pens might be good) - any suggestions?

Tomorrow is a get-together in Renton for Semester at Sea folks, both past and current, so I should be able to get some ideas there. I'll be getting on the ship in Norfolk, VA on Aug. 24th, training for my new position while we're "under sail" to Nova Scotia, where the students will embark on the 28th. I'm very excited, but not feeling frantic or particularly stressed about it all (though you might get a different story from David!).

No comments:

Post a Comment